On December 11th 2017 the remaining provisions of the Children First Act commenced in full. Most notably for the Camogie Association our immediate requirements include adopting all provisions in relation to mandatory reporting of child abuse, ensuring the appointment of what can be termed key child safeguarding officers which include Designated Liaison Persons and Children’s Officers at Club and County level and also appointing the Association’s Mandated Person, we must also provide certain child safeguarding training programmes and commence the process to agree a Child Safeguarding Statement for all Clubs.
For further information on Children First requirements for the Camogie Association please see the Children First Information & Guidance for GAA Clubs
New Child Safeguarding requirements that came into effective as and from 11 March 2018. The two documents are a Child Safeguarding Risk Assessment template and a Child Safeguarding Statement.
- Children First Act 2015
- Camogie_Club_Safeguarding Statement A3
- Ráiteas Um Chumhdach Leanaí
- Measúnú Riosca Chumainn 2021
- Camogie_County_Safeguarding Statement A3
- Club Risk Assessment
- County Risk Assessment
- FAQ Doc 14.05.21 Version 2
- Children First National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017
- Tusla Child Protection and Welfare Report Form (CPWRF)