The #GAAyouth Forum 2018 is designed by young players, for young players. The Forum in partnership with Sky Sports is free and will be a fun and informative with a mix of interactive exhibitions, workshops, a youth congress, high profile speakers and a Q&A session. The Camogie Association is delighted to be involved in and supporting this great event.
With workshops designed for three specific age-grades (12 – 13; 14 – 15; 16 – 21 years), players will leave the Forum having learned invaluable tips and tools that will help them to develop as a player and as a person.
There will be a number of activities at the Forum including:
· Exhibition Zone – interactive demos about everything from preparing healthy lunches to hurley care and repair!
· Plenary Session – John Horan, Uachtarán CLG, will open the 2018 #GAAyouth Forum with the assistance of the GAA YouthReps.
· Behind the Scenes Match Day Tour – get to hear from Croke Park staff about preparations and behind-the-scenes activity on big match days.
· Workshops and Talks – speakers will address a range of issues from developing leadership skills both on and off the field to overcoming challenges as a player.
· Youth Congress – the oldest age group will have an opportunity to discuss and debate a range of issues of importance in Gaelic Games today.
· Q&A – the 2 Johnnie’s will put your questions to a range of experts and high-profile players on a number of topics.
· Lunch Hub – Keep the energy levels high and enjoy the best grub Croke Park has to offer… all for free!
Registration is from 9.30am, the Forum commences at 11am and concludes at 4.30pm.
This FREE event will fill up fast so make sure to apply online asap!
How to Apply:
500 delegate places are up for grabs for male and female players in three age groups: 12 – 13; 14 – 15 and 16 – 21. The online application process will be open from Monday 1st October to Sunday 7th October at www.gaa.ie/gaayouth and there are two ways to apply:
· Online Application by an Individual
A young player can complete an individual application form online and identify an adult in their Club who endorses their application.
· Online Application by a Club
A Club can complete an application form to nominate a young player/s from the Club to attend the Forum (max. 4 players, ages 12 – 21).
The closing date for applications is Sunday 7th October and successful applicants will be informed by Friday 19th October.