Think you have a great idea to keep girls involved in Camogie?
Show us to be in with a chance to win €300 for your school!
- Transition year PPS school student
- Individual or group entry within a school (Female and mixed schools)
- All island
School term Sept 2020 – Dec 2020
Example Entry topics
“My friend has stopped coming training/participating in Camogie, what can I/we do?”
What does Retention/Drop Out mean to teenager?
How can the Camogie Association better support the players and volunteers?
How to enter
Choose from one of the two entry categories below:
- Written Report (max 1,000 words)
- Cover page – School Name; Entrants; Title; Date submitted
- Introduction of the idea (250)
- Methods that could be used to put your idea into practice (350)
- Results/Recommendations – What you would hope to achieve with your idea (400)
- Video Production (max 2 mins)
- Interviews with school mates/friends/clubmates who play and don’t play Camogie
- Focus Groups/Case Study of girls who may have stopped playing OR are still playing OR who would like to play and how you could help
- Clubs/schools/ players/coaches/parents/peers to get their opinions on how to help keep girls playing Camogie
Once you have completed your report/video, send your entries to the Camogie Association at Aideen.email@example.com
Closing date for Entries is December 10th 2020
- Entries can be submitted by and individual or a group.
- Any work undertaken by competition entrants and participants must be done in full compliance with current COVID 19 public health guidelines
- Competitions entrants and participants must consent to content created being used for educational and promotional purposes by the Camogie Association
- Competitions entrants and participants must be aged between 12 and 19 years old (inclusive)
- School must be notified re entry to this competition
- The project cover form must be signed by member of the school’s faculty.
- All submitted entries must meet minimum format for entry i.e. 1000 words or 2 min video
- All entries must be received by the closing date. Entries submitted after this date will not be accepted
- Winning entry will be decided by a judging panel appointed by the Camogie Association and by public vote
- Official winning entry will receive €300 voucher to develop Camogie within the school