The Camogie Association believe that doping is contrary to the spirit of FAIR PLAY and members have a responsibility to ensure that our sport is free of doping. Anti-doping compliance is detailed in Section 26 of the Official Guide Part 1
- To uphold and preserve the ethics of sport.
- To safeguard the physical health and mental integrity of players.
- To ensure that all competitors have an equal chance. The Irish Anti-Doping Rules are available at Sport Ireland Anti-Doping The following information highlights key areas regarding anti-doping.
The Camogie Association advises members to read the Anti-Doping Rules and to understand their responsibilities under these rules. The consequences of not adhering to Anti-Doping Rules can be severe for players and their support personnel; therefore, it is critical that any questions/concerns be clarified with either the Camogie Association or Sport Ireland. The Camogie Association run Anti-Doping workshops to facilitate the development and delivery of a quality education programme for all the major stakeholders.
1. The Irish Anti-Doping Rules
2. The World Anti-Doping Code 2021
3. How to check your medications
- Please note common medications taken which should be checked :
- Beta 2 agonists in Asthma Management e.g. Ventolin or Seretide
- Pseudoephedrine in Cold and Flu medication (Nurofen, Lemsip etc.)
4. Supplement Use in Sport Guidelines
5. What happens in a drug test/doping control?
6. Camogie Association Intercounty Anti – Doping eLearning Module 2021:
Steps below to assist players in accessing module on Learning.GAA.ie :
- Ensure you have a profile set up on learning.gaa.ie before accessing module
- Then go to https://learning.gaa.ie/lms/course/view.php?id=9843
- Enrolment key is cleansport
- Complete ‘Select Your County’ section and then the ‘Anti-doping Module’
- When all passed your certificate will be available to access at bottom of the main module page
- Forward a copy of your certificate to your county secretary or designated representative