Referees are a key component to ensure our games are played in a safe and enjoyable environment.
The Camogie Association offers a number of courses to those who wish to take up the whistle from a young age, as an adult and also offers refresher courses to assist existing referees. The courses available are:
- First Whistle Referee Course – aimed at young referees. Those who complete this course are eligible to referee Go Games and non-competitive blitzes up to Under 12.
- Foundation Referee Course – aimed at adults who wish to referee games up to adult level.
- Refresher Course – this course is aimed at existing referees within counties to provide them with a review of the current rules and any changes that may have occurred.
- Conversion Course – this course is aimed at hurling referees, who are already qualified in hurling, and wish to know the rules of Camogie so that they may officiate games with a full knowledge of the differences between both games.
For information on how to book a course please click HERE
The Camogie Association offers a number of resources for referees which can be downloaded here:
- Code of Conduct for the Camogie Referee
- Concussion Information Sheet for Referees
- Referee Pathway
- Part 1 – Official Rules of the Camogie Association
- Part 2 – Official Playing Rules
Our new series of The Referee Interview gives us an insight into the mindset of our Intercounty referees. The series can be found below.