The primary function of this position will be to develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy for Cumann Cam¾gaÝochta na nGael in line with the Association’s Strategic Plan and annual business plan.
The successful candidate will have a third level qualification in communications, journalism, marketing, PR or related fields. S/he will have proven track record of at least three to five years experience in developing and executing communications and marketing activities. S/he will be a strategic thinker and planner and demonstrate an interest in women’s sport and particularly in Gaelic Games.
Each applicant must complete an application form. The form is available for download here
A copy of our 2008 Annual Report is also available here. A new National Strategic Plan is currently in preparation.
Please submit a completed application form by November 11th at 5.00pm.
Interviews will take place on November 18th.
Online applications be returned to email@example.com
Hardcopy applications be returned to SinÚad O’Connor, Ard Sti·rth¾ir, Cumann Cam¾gaÝochta na nGael, Croke Park, Dublin 3.
Communications and PR
- Develop and implement an annual communications strategy
- Act as primary contact for the media and provide media with regular briefings and background material, interviews , photocalls etc
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key media
- Write and/or edit copy for internal and external communications including
- News releases (including previews, match reports, match results, news stories, press releases on development work)
- Twice yearly magazine
- Social media – facebook/bebo/twitter etc
- Match programmes
- Act as manager of national website www.camogie.ie including responsibility for content management, design and maintenance
- Support the development of PROs within the Camogie Association
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan
- Develop opportunities for increased marketing profile through sponsorship, fundraising, merchandising, advertising and other relevant strategies
- Manage existing and new commercial sponsorship relationships
- Oversee effective registration and promotion of Camogie logo and other relevant trademarks
- Event manage key national events such as All Ireland semi-finals and finals; Annual Congress, All Stars Banquet, Media Awards etc
- Support the work of the Communications and Marketing Committee of Ardchomhairle
- Manage the communications and marketing budget
- Manage staff, student employees as appropriate
- Produce reports for Ardchomhairle and to the Ard Sti·rth¾ir
- Undertake other relevant tasks as requested.
S/h is required to demonstrate the following criteria for the post:
- A third level qualification in communications, journalism, marketing, PR or related field
- Three-five years experience in communications and/or marketing related work experience
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience of web-based and social media communications and/or marketing
- Ability to develop messages to reach target audiences
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, particularly in context of event management
- Budget management
- Experience of managing staff and/or supporting volunteers
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Experience of working in teams.