Chief Executive Officer
THE CAMOGIE ASSOCATION
The Camogie Association is a leading female sporting body in Ireland. Its primary objective is to promote, develop and manage camogie in Ireland and internationally. The priorities of the Association are set out in its National Development Plan (2016-2019) and cover all aspects of the sport including games development, player welfare, enhancing the profile of the game, commercial development and volunteer enhancement. The Association enjoys a collaborative relationship with the GAA.
The Association is now seeking a suitably qualified candidate as CEO to lead the organisation and be responsible for its day-to-day management. The CEO will work closely with the President and will report to Ard Chomhairle, the Governing Body. The term of appointment will be seven years and the role will encompass the following elements:
- Leading and managing a team, you will manage the Association’s day-to-day operations and ensure the smooth functioning and efficient organisation of sporting and governance activities.
- Monitor, prioritise and lead implementation of commitments set out in the Association’s National Development Plan (NDP).
- Ensure that all operations are carried out to recognised standards and that controls, systems and procedures are in place to assist regular evaluation.
- Work with Ard Comhairle to ensure that there are adequate financial and other resources to implement the Association’s plans and programmes.
- Support, develop and maintain a close working relationship with the President, AC and the Chairs of all national Committees.
- Maintain and build on the existing relationship with sporting bodies including Sports Ireland, the GAA, and the LGFA and volunteers.
The person will have a relevant third level and / or professional qualification(s) with a proven track record in a leadership role. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, action orientated, flexible and have:
- Management experience at a senior level with excellent stakeholder engagement and people skills.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial partnerships with an empathy for sport.
- Experience and understanding of financial management and control systems.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday January 31st 2019. Please write, in strictest confidence, stating how you meet the above requirements and quoting reference no 4806 to:
Lincoln Executive Search, 5 Fitzwilliam Square,
Dublin 2 + 353 1 661 0444 firstname.lastname@example.org