Pictured at the Irish Daily Star Photocall Division Three & Four photocall: (l-r) Niamh Breen, Kildare, Bernie Murray, Armagh, Eoin Brannigan, Sports Editor Irish Daily Star, Aileen Lawlor, Camogie Assoc President, Elaine Gallery, Dublin, Tara Wilson, Carlow.
Lilywhites aiming to make League Final amends
Kildare are bidding to make amends for last year’s league final defeat when they take on Armagh in the upcoming Irish Daily Star League Division Three final as part of a double header fixture at Donaghmore Ashbourne on Sunday, April 22nd. Dublin face Carlow in the Division Four tie at 1.00pm and Kildare take on Armagh at 3.00pm.
Niamh Breen (Kildare), Bernie Murray (Armagh), Tara Wilson (Carlow) and Elaine Gallery (Dublin) joined Camogie Association President Aileen Lawlor and Irish Daily Star Sports Editor Eoin Brannigan at this afternoon’s Irish Daily Star photocall in Croke Park.
Speaking at today’s photocall President of the Camogie Association Aileen Lawlor said:
“This Sunday’s upcoming finals are of huge significance to all four sides; the opportunity to secure All Ireland silverware early in the season and provide a good spring board for championship is a massive attraction to all players. The leagues to date have been highly competitive and entertaining with a fantastic degree of skill and athleticism displayed at all grades.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the Irish Daily Star for their continued support for the leagues and their strong promotion of the games.”
Speaking at this afternoon’s launch Irish Daily Star Sports Editor Eoin Brannigan said:
“We, at the Irish Daily Star, have been delighted to be involved with the Camogie Leagues and to provide the best coverage of this national competition. We are looking forward to more top class action on the camogie field this weekend and to ensuring excellent coverage of this great competition. Congratulations to all sides in the Division Three and Four Finals.”
• Pictures from the Irish Daily Star Division Three & Four League Finals photocall are available from Caroline Quinn Photography, firstname.lastname@example.org and 086 336 2898
• Niamh Breen (Kildare), Bernie Murray (Armagh), Tara Wilson (Carlow), Elaine Gallery (Dublin) represented their counties at the Irish Daily Star League Division Three & Four Finals photo call.
• The Irish Daily Star Camogie League Division Three Final takes place in Donaghmore Ashbourne at 3.00pm on Sunday, April 22nd while the Division Four Final between Carlow and Dublin throws in at 1.00pm.
• Admission prices for the Irish Daily Star leagues are: €15/£10 per adults; €10/£5 Student & OAPS; U16s go free.
• For further details on all fixtures & news check out www.camogie.ie and facebook.com/CamogieAssociation.
• For a full round up of match reports and interviews check out the upcoming Saturday & Monday editions of the Irish Daily Star.