Welcome Brian Geary Car Sales Rathkeale on Board as Sponsor of our Minor Championship for 2009
U18 CHAMPIONSHIP 15 ASIDE 2009
B Semi Final
Allaughan Gaels 3-00, 1-13 Ballyagran
Sliabh Feilim 3-7, Carraig Gaels 2-10.
Sliabh Feilim scorers: Niamh Richardson (1-6), Laura Richardson, Eleanor Dillon (1-0 each), Siobhan O’Connor (0-1).
Replay Sliabh Feilim 2-08, Carraig Gaels 3-02
Sliabh Feilim scorers Niamh Richardson (0-07), Laura Richardson,(0-01), Siobhan O’Connor (2-00).
B Final Sunday 8th November
Ballyagran V Sliabh Feilim
Minor A Final
NCW 5-04 – Ahane/NaPiarsaigh 0-09
Kildimo Sunday November 1st
A game that very nearly didn’t go ahead, turned out to be one of the games of the season. After heavy overnight rain the pitch was doubtful right up to the off. Fixtures Sec. Mike Murphy, the referee Mike Kelly and a deputation from both sides walked the field shortly before the throw in and gave it a tentative green light.
Game on, both teams were fielding girls that had collected a minor All-Ireland medal earlier in the year and it was obvious from the off that there was going to be no quarter asked or given, the city girls were first on the score sheet and lead their opponents by a point at the break .
Half Time Ahane/Na Piarsaigh 0-06, NCW 1-02
The second half was as tough as the first and it looked very much like the city team were gaining the upper hand when they put over three unanswered points in the opening 15 minutes of the second half.
The last quarter was were the game was won and lost, led by Rachel Carmody in the full forward line, the girls from the west got going and never looked back, four goals and two points to no score in a13 minute period brought the girls from the west their first minor A title. A hard earned but deserved victory for NCW, the minor title added to the U14 and U16 titles make this a very good year for magpies.
Well done to both teams, their supporters and to the man in the middle Mike Kelly who had a fine game.
1. Emma Casey 2. Aine O’Carroll 3. Niamh Power 4. Niamh Heffernan 5. Valerie Sheehan 6.Maire McGrath (0-01)7. Jane Wilson 8. Judith Mulcahy 9.Ann Kennedy 10.Claire Casey (0-01)11. Katie Campbell (0-01)12.Aoife Doyle 13.Sinead McNamara 14. Naomi Carroll (0-06)15. Aoife Wilson
Subs 16 Shelly Quigley, 17. Shona Enright
1. Clare O Riordan, 2. Amy Magner, 3. Alicia Magner, 4. Laurie O Connor, 5. Elaine Cunningham, 6. Emma Falahee, 7. Katie Hurley 8. Patricia Liston 9. Elaine Kennedy
10. Rebecca Delee,(2-01) 11. Aisling Mc Cartan,(0-01) 12. Sinead Mulcahy, 13. Rachel Carmody(3-02) 14. Joanne Dowling, 15 Jeane Browne.
Subs 16. Maebh Mulcahy 17.Ciara O Connor 18.Marie Mulvihill 19.Karen O Leary.
Don’t forget www.limerickcamogie.com all results,fixtures, news etc.. will be updated as they come to hand.If anyone has anything they want to include in their club page contact your secretary and they can pass it on to me at email@example.com
Under 8 Blitz Guide Lines
- Participation, development and fun are the main aims for these Blitz’s
- No score taking and unlimited substitutions
- 7 a side, lining out as 1-goalie, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, 2 forwards,( goalie to be changed regularly)
- Players to play in zones, there will be 3 zones, backs,midfield and forward, each player must play the ball only when it is in there zone, players may be rotated during the game into different zones
- No frees and no puck outs, any time the game stops the ball will be thrown in at midfield
- No rough play, referees and mentors to discourage and try and explain, when an incident occurs.
- 7 minutes a side, each team will get 3 games at least
No parents or guardians allowed on floor, players and 2 mentors per team allowed in the hall, all others must use the balcony
Kilmallock GAA Complex
Croagh – Kilfinny
Croagh Kilfinny Venue
Date and Time
To Be Advised
South Cluster Under 8 Blitz
The third week of the South cluster U8 Blitz will take place this coming Saturday in the GAA complex in kilmallock. Kilmallock green, Charleville and Ballyagran will throw in at 10am and Kilmallock white, Galbally and Bruff will start at 11am. All teams to be ready at least 15 minutes before start time.
November 17th in the Woodlands house Hotel Adare, all Nomination and Motion forms should have been returned by now.