The key purpose of members of The Camogie Association’s Match Official Developer Panel is to deliver Camogie match official workshops, courses, and programmes on behalf of the Association. Match Official developers will be upskilled where appropriate in the delivery of match official education materials to the highest standard.
Match Officials developer’s work will be scheduled to assist in the delivery of materials, workshops, courses, and programmes, reporting to the Camogie Association’s Referee Education and Development Co-Ordinator. Members of The Camogie Association’s Match Officials Developer Panel will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of goals aligned to the Camogie Association Referee Strategy 2022-2023 and successor plans to lead and drive the participation, retention, and development of Camogie Officials at all levels.
The Camogie Association
The Camogie Association is the National Governing Body for the sport of Camogie, and it is responsible for promoting and developing the game, and its governance structures across the Camogie community. The Association is part-funded by Sport Ireland.
In 2018, Camogie (along with Hurling) was added to UNESCO’s list of protected cultural activities around the world.
Camogie operates at club, county, provincial and international levels with teams of all ages participating in the sport in recreational and competitive activities. The Association works closely with colleagues in The Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA), at all levels of sport, administration and governance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
|Accreditation and training||– Engagement in upskilling/training opportunities afforded by Sport Ireland Coaching and/or The Camogie Association (Gaelic Games Family).
– Attend the mandatory Camogie Association in-service which occurs on an annual basis or where necessary twice a year.
– Officials Developer must tutor at least 3 courses minimum a year.
|Course/Workshop Delivery||– Delivery of Camogie Association administrated Referee education offerings including but not limited to; In-person GoGames Courses, Refresher Courses & Line Umpire and Umpire training presenting as an appointed representative of The Camogie Association and carrying out role to the highest standard.|
|Administration||– Pre-delivery actions (registration, pre-course content, act as liaison to host unit etc).
– Post delivery actions (carrying out of assessments, course completion documentation, reporting etc).
|Personal||– Demonstrate exemplary personal behaviour and always conduct themselves appropriately. This includes adherence to the Camogie Association Code of Conduct.
– Available to deliver courses mid-week and at weekends.
– Positively promote the Camogie Association
Members of The Camogie Association’s Match Official Developer Panel must demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience refereeing within the Gaelic Games family Provincially or Nationally is advantageous but not essential.
- A keen interest and knowledge in the rules of Camogie.
- Be a dynamic self-starter with a proven ability to work independently as well as a constructive team member making positive contributions towards organisational objectives.
- Experience of the unique environment of volunteer sporting National Governing Bodies, and of working with a wide variety of stakeholders including volunteers, committees and sporting colleagues .
- Excellent communication and IT skills – verbal, written, reporting and presentations.
- Awareness of current challenges and opportunities within a female sports environment.
- Be a personable individual with a keen interest in developing and supporting others.
Referee Developers will possess the following:
- Current full clean driving license, insurance and access to own transport.
- Garda/PSNI vetting clearance.
The following 3 training dates are mandatory:
25th of November 2023 9.30am – 5pm – Bonnington Hotel, Dublin
20th of January 2024 9.30am – 5pm – Bonnington Hotel, Dublin
10th February 2024 10am – 3pm – National Games Development Centre, Abbotstown, Dublin
Applicants must attend all training days.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 27th October. Please apply here.