The recipients of the annual NUI Galway Sports Awards were presented by NUI Galway President, Dr James J. Browne and guest of honour, Irish Gold Medal Olympian, Dr Ronnie Delaney, at a special ceremony recently in the Ardilaun House Hotel, Galway.
This year’s Sports Awards recipients are:
* Basketball: Cian Nihill, Moycullen, Co.
* Boxing: Stephen Bailey, TÝr an Fhia, Galway.
* Camogie: Lorraine Ryan, Athenry, Co.
* Handball: Caitriona Casey, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
* Hurling: Stephen Molumphy, Ballyduff Upper, W/ford.
* Ladies Gaelic Football: Una Carroll, Tuam,
* Ladies Soccer: Michelle Glynn, Ballybane,
* Men’s Gaelic Football: Gareth Bradshaw, Moycullen.
* Men’s Soccer: Michael Creane,
* Mountaineering: Joan Mulloy, Westport, Co. Mayo.
* Rowing: James Wall,
* Surfing: Elisha Hickey, Breeogue, Co.
* Swimming: Dairne Ryan, Castlegar, Co.
* Tae Kwon Do: Oliver McCarthy, Kilrush, Co. Clare.
* Team Award: Surfing Club.
* Team Award: Archery.