The Camogie Association is inviting applications for the role of part-time Media and Communications Assistant.
Reporting to: The Commercial and Communications Manager
The Camogie Association is looking for somebody to join its Commercial and Communications team. It is a part-time role fixed term role, working two days a week, primarily at weekends. Occasional midweek work may be required, subject to agreement between The Camogie Association and the chosen candidate.
The Camogie Association is seeking a candidate to write content and maintain the Camogie Associations website and social media channels. They will have the ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, as well as keen eye for a story and create engaging social media posts/content.
Working closely with the Commercial and Communications Manager, they will assist in all commercial, communications and media relations for the Camogie Association, both internal and external.
This will include:
- Writing previews, game reports, press releases and in-house documentation
- Producing content for the Camogie Association social media channels
- Supporting and promoting Camogie units PR and Communications activities
- Dealing with both internal and external stakeholders, helping build and maintain effective working relationships
- Help create new and innovative ways to promote and market Camogie
- Other general media and marketing duties including, but not exclusive to, working with Commercial and Communications Manager to support live TV broadcasts and management of media, photographers, commentary and game streaming
- Working as a core part of a team, to ensure the smooth running of events
- Providing support to other Camogie Association departments
- A passion for social media and proven ability to create content
- A third level qualification in Media/Communications/Journalism, or any other relevant discipline
- Experience in a similar role is desired, but not necessary
- Knowledge of content management systems, such as WordPress
- Strong communication and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in dealing with media contacts and the volunteer base of an organisation
- Knowledge of the sports media scene in Ireland is desired, but not essential
- Excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills, with attention to detail
- A team player and flexibility in working hours – please note this role will predominantly be working on weekends
- A full, clean, driving license. The successful candidate must also have their own mode of transport for travel to and from games at weekends
- A knowledge of Camogie, and Gaelic Games is desirable, but not essential
This part-time fixed term contract role is a combination of remote/ on-location/ office-based working. The Camogie Associations office is located at Russell Street, Jones Road, Dublin 3 – close to Croke Park Stadium.
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
How to Apply:
Applications for the role must include:
- Brief cover letter
- Links to examples of journalism work, if applicable, or a sample camogie match report of approximately 300 words
- Links to any previous social media content produced
Job applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12 noon on Friday 21st April 2023.