The Camogie Association are pleased to announce AIB as a partner for this year’s All Ireland Camogie Club Finals which are taking place on Saturday March 2nd.
AIB announed as partner for Club Finals
President of the Camogie Association Aileen Lawlor and Neil Hosty, AIB Executive were joined by representatives of this year’s finalists; Claire Conroy (Killimor), Elaine O’Riordan (Milford), Lizzie Lyng (The Rower-Inistioge) and Donna Burke (Castlegar) at an official photocall today, (Friday, February 22nd).
Killimor of Galway play Milford of Cork in the Senior Club Final which is taking place in Croke Park at 5.00pm. The game will be broadcast live on Setanta Sports. The Rower Inistioge will play Castlegar in the Intermediate Club Final in Donaghmore Ashbourne at 1.30pm.
President of the Camogie Association Aileen Lawlor said:
“The Camogie Association is delighted to announce AIB as our partner for this year’s Club Finals. AIB through their long standing association with Gaelic Games are synonymous with clubs and communities throughout Ireland and we are particularly pleased that they have chosen to support our upcoming Camogie Clubs Finals weekend when four of the country’s top clubs compete for All Ireland honours.
Clubs are the foundation of our Association and the club championships provide a wonderful demonstration of community spirit, unity and a shared passion. I would like to wish all of this year’s finalists my best wishes in the upcoming games.”
Neil Hosty from AIB said:
“AIB is delighted to be working with the Camogie Association this year as partners for the All Ireland Camogie Club Finals. The GAA is an important part of communities across Ireland and this is a fantastic competition that we are happy to be part of. We would like to wish all participants the very best in the competition.”
This is the third year that the All Ireland Club Finals take place in Croke Park. The finals returned to GAA headquarters in 2010, and were previously played at various provincial venues.
• Photographs from the AIB Camogie Club Finals photocall are available from Caroline Quinn, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Tel: 086 336 2898
• Donna Burke (Castlegar), Lizzie Lyng (The Rower-Inistioge), Claire Conroy (Killimor) and Elaine O’Riordan (Milford) represented their clubs at the AIB Camogie Club Finals photocall on Friday February 22nd in Croke Park.
• This year’s Senior Club finalists Killimor (Galway) face Milford (Cork) in Croke Park at 5.00pm while The Rower-Inistioge (Kilkenny) play Castlegar (Galway) in the Intermediate Club Final in Donaghmore Ashbourne at 1.30pm.
• The All Ireland Senior Club Final in association with AIB will be broadcast live on Setanta Sports at 5.00pm on Saturday March 2nd.
• The Senior Club Final trophy is named in honour of Bill Carroll. The Intermediate Championship Cup is named in honour of Agnes O’Farrelly.
• Killimor of Galway won the Senior Final in 2010. Milford have never won the All Ireland Senior Club Final.
• Ticket prices for this year’s All Ireland Club Finals in association with AIB are as follows: Intermediate Final in Donaghmore Ashbourne Adults €13; Students/OAPS €8 and U16s Free (*Applicable in Donaghmore Ashbourne only): Senior Final in Croke Park Adults €13; Students/OAPS €5 (refund for Cusack Stand tickets only: €13 to purchase for Cusack stand and refund available from there); Juveniles €5 (Cusack Stand only). Tickets can be purchased from www.gaa.ie/tickets
• Follow the Camogie Association on www.facebook.com/officialcamogieassociation and twitter.com/officialcamogie and on www.camogie.ie
* For further information contact Claire Egan, Communications & Marketing Director, The Camogie Association, 01 865 8618, 087 9030 755, email@example.com and/or Mary O’Connor, Acting Ard Stiúrthóir, The Camogie Association, 01 865 8656, 087 1251271, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Pictured Elaine O'Riordan, Milford, Claire Conroy, Killimor, Lizzie Lyng, The Rower-Inistioge, Donna Burke, Castlegar, Aileen Lawlor, President of the Camogie Association and Neil Hosty, AIB Executive at today's photocall (Friday Feb 22nd)