The Camogie Association is seeking applications for the position of Ard Stiúrthóir. The Camogie Association is a professional, dynamic and vibrant organisation, which has been in existence for 109 years. It is one of the oldest women’s sporting associations in Ireland. Camogie is also one of the most popular female team sports throughout the country with over 560 clubs and 100,000 members.The Camogie Association seeks an outstanding candidate for the above position. As a key member of the senior management team, the primary function of the position of Ard Stiúrthóir of the Camogie Association is to lead and manage the Association’s activities and staff and its many volunteers and various sub-committees.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Implementing the National Development Plan and Annual Business Plans.
• Overseeing annual budgeting, accounting, financial controls and risk management.
• Reporting to Ard Chomhairle and sub-committees on all activity to ensure compliance with statutory obligations and corporate governance.
• Implementing the policies of the Association as agreed by Ard Chomhairle and Annual Congress.
• Overseeing all major events including All-Ireland Finals, All Stars and Annual Congress.
• Implementing branding, sponsorship and public relations strategies.
• Managing, leading and motivating the employee team, all volunteers and sub-committees.
Key requirements of the post:
• Outstanding leadership skills with a demonstrable track record of sound decision making.
• A proven track record in administration, budgeting, goal setting and delivery.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding I.T. and presentation skills.
• A proactive management style and approach to problem solving.
• A track record of significant contribution within a multi-layered organisation.
• Ability to establish key criteria for assessing effectiveness and promoting continuous improvements for all full time staff and volunteers across the Association.
If you have the drive, passion and vision to lead Ireland’s leading female sporting organisation, please reply by post or email on or before 5 p.m. on Friday 26th July 2013 to: Marty McEvoy, Managing Director, Pro-Active Search & Selection Ltd., Executive House, Athy Business Campus, Kilkenny Road, Athy, Co. Kildare. Tel: +353 59 8634649 Mob: +353 87 9373025 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Camogie Association is an equal opportunities employer.