Official Website of the Camogie Association


Cork Camogie Results


Evening Echo Intermediate Championship final

Clonakilty 2-11 Sarsfields 1-8


Evening Echo Senior County Championship Semi Final Replay

St Catherine’s 1-20 St Finbarr’s 2-9 


Evening Echo Senior B Championship Semi final 

Eire Og 1-12 Killeagh 0-5   



Clonakilty 2-11 Sarsfields 1-8

 Clonakilty became the first holder of the Nano Nagle memorial trophy as they

overcame the strong challenge posed by Sarsfields to be crowned Intermediate Camogie championship in the Cork Camogie Grounds Castle Road.

Aided by the strong wind that blew towards the city end, Clonakilty laid the foundations for victory in the opening half, with their mid field pairing of Hazel and Cliona O Regan dictating matters and with Erica Jennings Sinead O’ Neill and Juanita Brennan working hard they held the upper hand.

Goals proved crucial and it was Clonakilty’s ability to grab two in the first half that proved vital, eleven minutes in they led 0-3 to 0-2 when Sinead O Neill finished the first to the net, four minutes later she struck for number two as the gap widened.


Sars battled hard in defence to try and contain the lively Clon attack while their own attack found scores hard to come by. With two points on the board inside the opening seven minutes from Rita Crowley and Emer O’ Farrell Sars had to wait until six minutes from the break before substitute Orlaith Keane added their next score but from here to the half time whistle they came more into the game Emer O’ Farrell pointed two frees in reply as Sharon Whelton struck two for Clon.  With the half time whistle looming Shirley Crowley gave Sarsfields a timely boost when she finished the ball to the net and so it was Clon who led 2-8 to 1-5 as they turned over to play with the wind in their faces for the second half.


 Sars applied early second half pressure but the Clonakilty defence as a unit stood firm, by now Sarsfields had switched Breda Kenny to centre back and with the wind in their favour they drove  every ball forward but credit Clon who mopped up everything that was thrown at them. Scores were hard to come by as play swung from end to end Sharon Whelton relieved the pressure as she extended the Clonakilty lead with a point inside five minutes of the resumption and it was thirteen minutes in before Sars got one back with Emer O’ Farrell pointing a free although to their credit they did test Louise Daly in the Clonakilty goal who was force into action to clear under pressure on at leat three occasions as Sars searched for a goal.


Between the eighteenth and twenty thirty minute Emer O’ Farrell slotted over two points from placed balls but maintaining a strong work rate Clonakilty continued to hold the upper hand around the centre and with their half forward line playing a roving game they won plenty of possession as they held their four point advantage. As the game entered the closing minutes Sharon Whelton put the result beyond doubt pointing a free and one from play to ensure Clonakilty were crowned champions.

Sister Patricia form the South Presentation was in attendance to present the trophy to Clonakilty captain Juanita Brennan whilst Clonkilty’s Sinead O’ Neill was named Player of the Match.              

Scorers for Clonakilty: S Whelton 0-9 (0-6f), S O’ Neill 2-2.

Sarsfields: E O’ Farrell 0-6 (f’s), S Crowley 1-0 R Crowley, O Keane 0-1each.

CLONAKTILY: A Deasy; N O’ Donovan, S O’ Brien, S Forristal; A mc Carthy, C O’ Mahony, L O’ Flynn; H O’ Regan, C O’ Regan; S O æ Neill, E Jennings, J Brennan (c); H Coughlan, M O’ Donovan, S Whelton.

Subs: A Kearns for H Coughlan (52).

SARSFIELDS: O Butler; D Murphy, S O’ Leary, C Barry; G Donohoe, E O’ Farrell ( c), A Griffin; E Murphy, M Kelleher; S Crowley, O Barry, E O’ Connell; A Whooley, B Kenny, R Crowley.

Subs: O Keane for M Kelleher (23), M Lynch for G Donohoe (36), Y O’ Callaghan for O Barry (45), C Holland for E O’ Connell (57).

Ref: Walter Cole (Buttevant).  


Ballyhea 1-14 Watergrashill 2-5

A superb second half display helped Ballyhea capture the Evening Echo

Junior A championship title in Fermoy on Saturday. The contribution of their Inter county duo of Captain Maria Walsh and Mary Coleman was vital while centre back Karen O’ Leary was magnificent all thorough with her performance earning her the “”Player of the Match award.””


There was little to choose between the sides in the opening thirty minutes Ballyhea led by a point 1-7 to 2-3 at the interval but they were lucky to do so after Watergrashill had gained control with a two goals blast inside three minutes from Laney O’ Leary and Aisling Murray  which helped top put them four point clear. As the first half entered injury time Mary Coleman was in fast to block down Watergrashill keeper Diane Kelleher’s clearance and send it over the line,  Marie Walsh and Coleman struck a point each to give Ballyhea the slight interval advantage but it was all still very much to play for.


Marie O’ Neill had Watergrashill on level inside a minute of the restart but they had to wait twenty two minutes for their next score as the Ballyhea defence soaked up anything they threw at them, Karen O’ Leary superb at centre back all through had plenty of assistance from Amy Morrissey and Megan Mc Carthy while  Mary Coleman and Michelle Walsh continued to pump ball to their inside lines where Maria Walsh was in superb form pointing a free before striking  four point in a row from play while Mary Coleman struck two superb long range efforts as the gap widened.


Watergrashill battled hard to find a response substitute Cathy Walsh pointed on twenty three minutes but they could find no way past a solid Ballyhea defence that were not going to be denied their moment of glory.

Scorers for Ballyhea: M Walsh 0-9 (0-3f, 0-1 45″”), M Coleman 1-4, S Mc Inerney 0-1.

Watergrashill: L Bracken, M O Neill 0-2 (0-1f) each, L O Leary, A Murray 1-0 each, C Murphy 0-1.

Ballyhea: C O’ Keeffe; C O’ Doherty, A Morrissey, V Hennessy; M Mc Carthy, K O’ Leary, O Carroll; Michelle Walsh, S Douglas; M Coleman, S Brosnan, L O’ Reilly; N Morrissey, Maria Walsh (c), S Mc Inerney.

Subs: T Cagney for L O Reilly (45).

Watergrashill : D Kelleher; L Barry, M Dorgan, Lynn O Leary; E Bracken, E Murphy, L O’ Reilly; M Kennedy, L Cronin; A Murray, M O’ Neill ( c), Laney O’ Leary; L Bracken, M Buckley, C O’ Connell.

Subs: C Murphy for C O’ Connell.

Ref: Peter Downey (Inniscarra).      



Buttevant 0-11 St Catherines 1-6

Buttevant had to withstand severe St Catherine’s pressure in the closing stages before securing the Evening Echo junior B championship title in Kilavullen on Saturday.

The superb surface on the immaculate prepared venue lent it self to a fast flowing game and despite enjoying the lions share of possession in the opening half Buttervant only enjoyed a slender one point lead at the half time whistle thanks to an Eimear Healy pointed free. Over the hour Healy was a constant thorn in St Catherines side and she played a big role at full forward wandering out and winning a lot of possession she won a lot of possession and frees which she stepped up and duly converted from every angle and it was thanks in no small way to her accuracy from placed balls that Buttevant took the title.      


 Evelyn Roynane and Healy exchanged early point and it was score for score as neither side could manage to pull away, St Catherines did have a chance of a goal eighteen minutes into the opening half but Andrea Mangan’s penalty attempt was well saves by Buttevant keeper Dawn O’ Keeffe and indeed it was O’ Keefe who stood between St Catherines and victory her handling over the hour was superb while she denied St Catherines on several occasions with some excellent saves.


The second half was again a close affaire Eimear Healy continued to show her accuracy converting three Buttevant frees while Andrea Mangan kept St Catherine in the hunt converting two as Buttevant kept marginally ahead. Crucially for them they never allowed the St Catherine’s draw level but this was thanks in no small way to wayward shooting by a St Catherines attack that in the second half shot seven score able chances wide.


With five minutes remaining Sharon Sheehan and Eimear Healy had added point to put Buttevant four points ahead but St Catherines finally found a way past Dawn O’ Keeffe Evelyn Roynane grabbing the goal they had threatened to get with two minutes of normal time remaining.


Again St Catherines had chances to level but they failed to avail of them as the Buttevant defence held solid under pressure, Healy converted a free to stretch the lead to two points and as the game entered injury time St Catherines had time to find a winner but they could find no way past a determined Buttevant defence that held firm despite a lot of pressure to take the title.


Scorers for Buttevant: E Healy 0-9 (0-7f), D Farrell 0-1, S Sheehan 0-1.

St Catherines: E Roynane 1-2, A Mangan 0-4 (0-1 45″” 0-1f).

BUTTEVANT: D O’ Keeffe; J O Flynn, M Sheehy, N Crowley; A Walsh, T Roche, S Breen; N Curran , D Farrell (c); S Buckley, S Sheehan, T O Connell; M O Keeffe, E Healy, D O Callaghan.

Sub E Harrington for J O Flynn (40).

ST CATHERINES : A Hartnett; H Lane, A Galvin, M Mulcahy ( c ); A O Keeffe, S Noonan, J Hurley; R O Callaghan, M Daly; T Fitzpatrick, – A Mangan; C Mc Govern; K O Donovan, E Roynane, K Higgins.

 Sub : P O’ Brien for K Higgins (h/t)

Ref: Peter Downey (Inniscarra).



Kildorrey 1-6 Castlelyons 1-3

Kildorrey captured the Evening Echo junior C camogie championship title thanks in the main to a superb display from their defence who had to withstand tremendous pressure from Castlelyons at Rathcormac.


All through the game there was little between the sides and in the final minutes. Wayward shooting from both saw chances go a begging but in the finish the heart and determination of Kildorrey won out to give them their first camogie title at this level.

The winners were dealt a killer blow seventeen minute into the game when they lost the services of superb full forward Orla Murphy with a knee injury. In the short space of time she was on the field Murphy had made herself a serious contender for player of the match as she tore the Castlelyons defence apart striking two excellent score before retiring.


We had to wait nine minutes for the games opening score Orla Murphy striking a long range effort over the bar and seven minute elapsed before we had the next score but it was worth waiting for Orla Murphy first timing Trisha Collins pass to the roof of the net in one sweeping movement to increase Kildorrey’s lead.


Castlelyons battled to get on the score board but they failed to breach the strong Kildorrey rear guard where Ciara Lynch excellent at centre back and with Caroline Hanley and Valerie Mc Cormick prominent they held the upper hand.  Twice substitute Niamh Walsh hit the cross bar as Kildorrey piled on the pressure, Castlelyons did find the range with a free to the net but it was rightly deemed a square ball and Kildorrey breathed a sigh of relief. Aoife Hennessy extended the lead with a point before Emily Sexton got Castlelyons on the score board six minutes into injury time pointing a free.


From the start of the second half Castleyons showed huge improvement but it was Kildorrey who had the first score of the half as Niamh Walsh pointed but Marie Therese Murphy grabbed a Castlelyons goal to cut the lead to two points.  Now under enormous pressure Kildorrey were finding the going tough Emily Sexton pointed to leave the minimum the sides and as Valerie Mc Cormick and Christine Carroll exchanged scores Kildorrey held their slender advantage and crucially they never allowed Castlelyons draw level despite several attacks their defence coped well under pressure with goal keeper Jean Dawson twice handling well.


Feeling the strain Kildorrey introduced substitutes Ann Marie McCarthy and Sarah Coughlan and they brought pace to their attack Mc Carthy striking a vital point to put two between the sides before firing the ball over the bar in injury time to ensure victory was secured.


Excellent Kildorrey centre back Ciara Lynch was named “”Player of the Match”” which was presented by county board president Kay Dunne, and  it was a fitting accolade given that she celebrated her twenty first birthday with her first county championship medal.


Scorers for Kildorrey: O Murphy 1-1, AM Mc Carthy 0-2, A Hennessy, N Walsh, V Mc Cormick 0-1 each.

Castlelyons: M T Murphy 1-0, E Sexton 0-2 (0-1f) C Carroll 0-1.

KILDORREY: J Dawson; H Hennessy, N Hennessy, D Murphy: B Allen, C Lynch, J Hennessy; C Hanley,  E Mc Carthy; L Hanley, V Mc Cormick, M O’ Brien (c); T Collins, O Murphy, A Hennessy.

Subs: N Walsh for O Murphy (inj 17), A M Mc Carthy for A Hennessy (41), S Coughlan for T Collins (58).

CASTLELYONS: Michelle Barry; Maireaid Barry, E Phelan, M Howard; M O’ Sullivan, N Barry (c), A O’ Sullivan; S O’ Shea, C Carroll; A O’ Brien, M T Murphy, T O’ Connor; E Sexton, C Mc Auliffe, K Murphy.  

Subs: P Carroll for T O’Connor (21), I Fenton A O’Brien (40).

Ref: Cathal Egan (Glen Rovers).              



Share this post:

Our Sponsors

Our Partners