The Camogie Association continues to implement Garda/PSNI Vetting in the Association in order to comply with Child Protection legislation and to promote best practice in the recruitment and selection of persons to work with children and young people within the Camogie Association.
From January 1st 2018 the Association will move fully to E-Vetting meaning that paper-based Garda Vetting forms will no longer be accepted.
All information and relevant forms relating to E-Vetting will be available on www.camogie.ie
from January 1st
2018 which applicants can then fill out and submit online.
· To allow for this process all Units must use an official firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address through which all Vetting applications will be verified and processed. If you have any queries relating e-mail addresses please contact Stephen Flynn on 01 8658618 or email@example.com
· Once an applicant has uploaded their details online the Unit Secretary will receive a confirmation of their application for Vetting.
· Children's Officers will then verify the applicants’ identity by providing a valid form of ID. They must validate this request otherwise the application will go no further.
· Each application has a 30-day window to be processed otherwise it will be automatically deleted.
· Once processed, applications will then be submitted to the National Vetting Bureau and thereafter applicants will receive an update by e-mail regarding the status of their application.
E-vetting will allow volunteers (mentors, coaches, referees, administrators etc.) to be vetted in a quicker and easier manner than before and will allow each applicant to track the progress of their application online through a unique tracking number which they will receive by e-mail.