Office Administrator – Specified Purpose (Maternity Cover)
The Camogie Association is recruiting for an Office Administrator to join the Association’s staff team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Ard Stiúrthóir and management team of the Camogie Association across all aspects of its work. The Office Administrator will play a vital role the day to day operations of the office, providing support to members, volunteers, officers and staff, and will assist in implementing the Camogie Association’s National Development Plan for 2020-2023 (https://camogie.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Camogie-Association-National-Development-Plan-2020-23.pdf ) and successor plans to lead and drive a participation, growth and development of Camogie.
The Camogie Association
The Camogie Association is the National Governing Body for the sport of Camogie, and it is responsible for promoting and developing the game, and its governance structures across the Camogie community. The Association is an independent voluntary organisation founded in 1904. The Association is part-funded by Sport Ireland. In addition to Sport Ireland funding, the Association is supported by the GAA, and by revenues generated directly through affiliation fees, gate receipts, and provision of services to units of the Association, as well as income from sponsorship and commercial activities.
In 2018, Camogie (along with Hurling) was added to UNESCO’s list of protected cultural activities around the world.
Camogie operates at club, county, provincial and international levels with teams of all ages participating in the sport in recreational and competitive activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Administrator will be part of the dynamic operations team alongside the National Fixtures Administrator, Learning and Development Co-ordinator and will report to the Operations Manager/ Ard Stiúrthóir. This role will provide vital administration supports to the Camogie Association, in particular to the Ard Stiúrthóir, senior management team, and the wider membership.
Key duties, responsibilities and Requirements of the successful candidate will include:
|Organisational & Administration Skills||Assisting with co-ordination, planning & delivery of projects / events/ publications
Supporting delivery of club and county related online activities/ events
Supporting delivery of Camogie Association events and activities
Organise meetings, meeting packs, travel & accommodation and attend meetings, where applicable
General Administration Support
Maintain excellent Records
Experience in Minute Taking. (Additional training will be provided)
Work with Operations Manager to ensure effective running of office, providing administration support in relation to:-
|Communications and Customer Service Skills||
|Supporting Camogie Association Volunteers and Volunteer Committees||Provide advice/assistance on a daily basis to people with queries on administrative aspects of the Official Guide and/or Mandatory Procedures and Binding Codes
Provide advice and support to members in relation to Foireann – Membership Management, Universe Online Ticketing System etc.
Liaise with and provide support to Ard Chomhairle, its Sub Committees, members and outside agencies where applicable including specifically the National Transfers Hearings & Disciplinary Committee and National Final Appeals Committee
|Team Work||Support Management Team, working as part of the Operations and broader Camogie Association Staff team
Support collaborative and team projects ensure that camogie association objectives are communicated and incorporated.
Providing support at major events.
|General||Represent Camogie at internal and external /events to raise the Association’s profile.
Liaise with all external contractors where required on various initiatives, events and resource publications.
Undertake any other duties as required, commensurate with the role, and as directed by the Ard Stiúrthóir
During the recruitment and selection process, candidates will be expected to demonstrate an appropriate mix of knowledge, experience and skills as described above. For shortlisting purposes, candidate submissions will be expected to demonstrate the degree to which they meet the criteria as set out above.
The Camogie Association an equal opportunities employer.
Qualifications & Experience
- A third level degree relevant to sports science, education or other relevant area and/ or A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in collaborative and working and developing new relationships to achieve strategic business objectives.
- A proven ability to work on collaborative projects to deliver results and influencing others to implement change
- Track record of managing multiple and varied relationships and projects.
- excellent organisation skills and administration skills including report preparation and minute taking
- Current valid driver’s licence and access to own transport.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:-
- Experience of working effectively in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- An ability to work independently, and as part of a vibrant diverse team to drive for and achieve results.
- Have an interest in the sport and a knowledge of the structures and operations of a volunteer sporting organisation and gaelic games.
- Highly organised, thorough and conscientious, with demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively
- A positive attitude, self-motivated proactive approach to work and enthusiasm and interest in working for a sports body
- Must have the ability to develop good working relationships at multiple levels, contribute to a positive working environment and influence the delivery of objectives with a wide variety of stakeholders including volunteers, colleagues in sport, sponsors etc.
- An understanding of the unique environment of volunteer sporting National Governing Bodies, and experience of working with Volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation & presentation, report writing.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM systems )
Grade and Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Duration: Specified Purpose, Maternity Cover (Subject to a 6 month probation)
Working hours: Full Time, 39 Hour Working week. This role requires flexibility and will entail some out-of-hours working. The responsibilities and accountabilities might differ from those outlined, and other duties as assigned, might be part of the job.
Location – this role is based in the Camogie Association Offices beside Croke Park, Dublin.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12noon on Tuesday 22nd August 2023
Interviews will take place week beginning 28th August.
Start Date – as soon as possible
Please submit a Current CV and Cover letter to email@example.com