The Camogie Association is seeking applications for the position of Munster – Regional Development Co-ordinator.
The Camogie Association is a professional, dynamic and vibrant organisation. Founded in 1904, it is one of the oldest female sports organisation in Ireland. It is also one of the most popular female team sports in Ireland with over 560 clubs and 100,000 members.
Job Title: Munster – Regional Development Co-ordinator.
Job type: The appointment is for a 1 year fixed term contract (career break cover).
• Work with the provincial council, county boards and clubs to facilitate increased participation of girls playing Camogie.
• Implement effective coaching structures in line with Coaching Ireland and the National Coaching Development Plan.
• Implementation of specific participation programmes in camogie at club, schools and colleges levels as outlined in the Association’s National Development Plan
• Assist in the roll out of referee education programmes Association’s recruitment, assessment and grading programmes for referees at all levels
• Work with County boards and provincial councils to create and effective Administration structure.
• Liaise with the educational sectors at primary post primary and third level.
• Liaise with county/provincial development officers and county/provincial development committees.
• Liaise with the GAA at regional level in the areas of coaching, refereeing and administration.
• Represent Camogie on designated committees.
• Liaise with Local Sports Partnerships and other key agencies.
Responsible to: Director of Camogie Development
Reporting to: Ard Stiúrthóir through the Director of Camogie Development
Salary: Consummate with responsibilities plus expenses (travel, overnight accommodation costs where required, other allowable expenditure as approved by Central Management Committee)
The post will require an element of working unsocial hours including weekend work and will also necessitate an amount of travel within the region. The successful applicant must have a full clean driving licence and her/his own transport.
The ideal candidate will have:
relevant third level degree in sports
experience of coaching and course delivery
the ability to establish strong effective relationships with key stakeholders
a high level of proven organisational ability
good administrative and IT skills
excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentational
work as a team member
dynamic self starter with a proven ability to work independently
a flexible approach
Please return your complete application to :
The Human Resources Department at email@example.com no later than Friday, 13 September at 5pm.
Your application must include: A letter of application; and a completed Confidential Application for Employment and Questionnaire (see link). Application for Employment & Questionnaire