Submissions are now invited for the Camogie Association Media Awards 2021 which will be presented in conjunction with the Camogie Association Volunteer Awards in early 2022.
1. Local Media (Radio & Newspaper) (Mick Dunne Memorial Award)
- Accuracy, consistency quality and variety of coverage (match reporting, interviews, live updates for games and events).
- The impact, colour and emotional appeal of pieces, locally and nationally, as well as the presentation of the content. Samples of work must include details on the relevant events covered.
2. Match Programme (Mick Dunne Memorial Award)
- Accuracy of information
- Presentation and lay-out including use of branding
- Photography and overall content.
3. PRO of the Year (Mick Dunne Memorial Award)
- Consistent output of work
- Competency with public relations tools such as utilising print, radio and social media for promoting Camogie.
- Presentation in terms of publications such as match programmes etc.
- Level of effort and innovation to raise the profile of Camogie.
4. Best Media Innovation
- Outstanding contributions to the promotion of Camogie by either journalists, clubs or counties who have pioneered an innovative campaign, published an exceptional article etc.
5. Digital Promotion
- Regular updates
- Digital Reach
- Innovative use of digital media (social media, website, online videos, photography, marketing campaigns etc.).
- Subjectivity, good reflection on the game/association, context, composition and the emotional appeal of the photo.
- Two samples – original copies – of work only are required.
- Submissions are invited from amateur* photographers only.
- Photos cannot be altered/photoshopped in any manner.
* Definition of an amateur photographer: The competition is open to amateur photographers. An amateur is a photographer who makes less than 15% of their annual income, or less than €5,000 from the practice of photography.