Submissions are now invited for the Camogie Association Media Awards 2022 which will be presented in conjunction with the Camogie Association Volunteer and Referee Awards in January 2023.
The categories for this year’s Camogie Association Media Awards and the criteria by which submissions will be judged are:
- Local Media (Radio & Newspaper) (Mick Dunne Memorial Award)- This award is given for the recognisable and effective use of Local Media to promote and report on camogie. This includes local press and radio platforms at a local level.
- Accuracy, consistency quality and variety of coverage (match reporting, interviews, live updates for games and events).
- The impact, colour and emotional appeal of pieces, locally and nationally, as well as the presentation of the content. Samples of work must include details on the relevant events covered.
- Match Programme (Mick Dunne Memorial Award)- Match Programmes take a lot of time, effort, and commitment to deliver. Which Club or County stands out of the crowd and ensures match programmes are consistently done to a high standard? Design and layout of match programmes will also be considered.
- Accuracy of information
- Presentation and lay-out including use of branding
- Photography and overall content.
- PRO of the Year (Mick Dunne Memorial Award)- A PRO who has gone above and beyond in their role to increase awareness, promotion and engagement for their club or county.
- Consistent output of work
- Competency with public relations tools such as utilising print, radio and social media for promoting Camogie.
- Presentation in terms of publications such as match programmes etc.
- Level of effort and innovation to raise the profile of Camogie.
- Best Media Innovation- This award is given to the use of ‘out of the box’ thinking through creative and innovative elements which makes a media type unique. This style of promotion for Camogie coverage is highly important as it keeps the sport up to date with trends and more engaging for users.
- Outstanding contributions to the promotion of Camogie by either journalists, clubs or counties who have pioneered an innovative campaign, published an exceptional article etc.
- Digital Promotion- This award will be given to the nominee who demonstrates best practice and excellence in promoting, advertising, communicating through digital promotion. This can be across social, website, apps, e-zine updates and online media. Delivering match updates, reports through creative engaging/interactive content.
- Regular updates
- Digital Reach
- Innovative use of digital media (social media, website, online videos, photography, marketing campaigns etc.).
- Photography- This award is given to a photographer who has a keen eye for detail and who brings to like the people, the passion, and the sport of camogie.
- Subjectivity, good reflection on the game/association, context, composition and the emotional appeal of the photo.
- Two samples – original copies – of work only are required.
- Submissions are invited from amateur* photographers only.
- Photos cannot be altered/photoshopped in any manner.
* Definition of an amateur photographer: The competition is open to amateur photographers. An amateur is a photographer who makes less than 15% of their annual income, or less than €5,000 from the practice of photography.
Applicants must complete a nomination form (1 per category) and email any supporting documents and content to: email@example.com by no later than Friday 18th November.
The Media, Volunteer and Referee Awards are due to take place Saturday 28th January.