National Referee Advisors are vital in assisting referees in areas that need development and assisting the appointment of referees to games. The role of the advisor is a fulfilling one, as each advisor has the opportunity to assist current referees and help in raising the standards further.
Requirements to be a National Referee Advisor for the Camogie Association:
- Retired match official with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of officiating within the Camogie Association or the GAA or Experience of advising/mentoring for improvement or upgrade of adults for recognised NGB’s/organisations.
- Must have a full knowledge of the playing rules of camogie and the application of these rules.
- Be available to advise at least five times yearly.
- Attend training and in-service as required.
- Advisors must also pass a yearly rules test.
- Be able to analyse performance critically and objectively.
- Be able to identify a referee’s strengths and areas of development
- Be able to write balanced and honest reports on referee’s performances.
- Have good IT skills to complete typed advisor reports
Training for new advisors will take place on Saturday, 4th December 2021,
Venue to be confirmed (Dublin region).
Interested persons can apply online through the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/8fH7PPNDX9
The application form closes on Wednesday 10th November 2021 at 5pm.