Official Website of the Camogie Association

The Liberty Insurance Senior Camogie semi-final between Cork and Kilkenny has been pushed back 24 hours until Sunday, August 16 to facilitate Cork’s dual players, with the ladies football team scheduled to play on the Saturday after their victory today.
Wexford are through to play Galway in the other semi-final, to be played on Saturday, August 15 after they defeated Dublin 0-13 to 1-7 in the quarter-final at Netwatch Cullen Park.
Venues and times for both games are to be confirmed
A blustery wind made conditions difficult for both sides in Carlow early on and Wexford coped better initially. Stacey Kehoe got them off the mark early on and then set up Katrina Parrock with a lovely flick for a another score.
Úna Sinnott, who will be commencing sixth year in secondary school next month, profited from some good vision by player of the match, Kate Kelly to open up a three-point gap.
Dublin had a goal disallowed for a square ball but Ali Maguire opened their account from a close-in free. Yet it was Wexford finding it easier to pick off scores as Kelly lofted three points on the way to a personal tally of eight, including one majestic effort from near the sideline on the 45m line to open up a 0-7 to 0-3 half-time lead.
Kelly extended the advantage by two but Dublin upped their intensity and it took two last-ditch interventions from Siona Nolan and Ciara Storey to deny them a goal.
Gradually, they began chipping away at the deficit, aided by two pointed frees by Aisling Maher. Showing tremendous character, they kept pushing hard and when Alan Lagrue awarded a 20m free four minutes from time, the long-serving Louise O’Hara sent a rocket to the net to leave a point between the sides (0-11 to 1-7).
Wexford showed all their experience though and while Dublin had one opportunity to equalise from a free, it was Colm McGee’s crew that saw out the game with points from the ultra-reliable Kelly and skipper, Shelley Kehoe.

Share this post:

Our Sponsors

Our Partners