Here you will find, some simple steps in order to get your Social Camogie hub set up within your club.
Note: Camogie Lead Co-Ordinator is firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Register: https://forms.office.com/e/VK6JN9Cv4Z
- Identify the need for Social Camogie in your club or hub.
- Clubs should identify a minimum of two personnel to be involved in the Programme for the Club – one coordinator and one coach. It is recommended that one of these be a female.
- Contact the Camogie Association to register your interest in setting up a Social Camogie Programme.
- Sign the ethos form to agree that the club will abide by the ethos of the programme (this is contained within the registration form).
- Clubs should make contact with their insurance provider, to seek advice on insurance for running the programme – waivers are NECCESSARY for insurance purposes to avoid any issues. The waiver notes that Social Camogie is a recreational camogie activity and all players participating in same either play at their own risk or utilise private insurance or the club may opt to cover players with their own insurance.
- Resources and posters will be sent following registration for promotion purposes in your club and local area.
- Advertise and promote Social Camogie through local schools, shops, local businesses, social media, etc. (this will be sent following registration).
- Source sliotars, bibs and cones & other training equipment you may need i.e. extra hurls, helmets.
- As you receive interest from people looking to take part in the programme, request participants to complete the waiver and send a final document prior to the start date. Inform participants that Social Camogie is a recreational camogie activity and all players participating in same either play at their own risk or utilise private insurance or the club may opt to cover players with their own insurance. Unless you have confirmed insurance coverage with your insurance provider, the waiver still must be completed.
- Please complete the waiver prior to your first session and send it to email@example.com, if additional players come throughout the term, continue to update your existing waiver and send it as updates arise. It is in the club’s best interest to have this done to avoid any insurance problems from participants. Note: This should have been agreed in your registration form.
- If waivers are not received prior to the first session, the co-ordinator will receive an email stating the programme has been cancelled.
- Participants must be a minimum 25 years of age. They must not be currently playing adult competitive camogie (I.E Leagues, Cup, Inter-county).
Download your waiver form HERE
Download the Ethos and Guidelines of Social Camogie HERE
Download our FAQs HERE